Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
JAPANESE BASICS COOKING CLASS (INTENSIVE)
Master fundamentals of healthy and easy Japanese food in a hands-on, fun one-day workshop!
About this Event
Learn the fundamentals of healthy and easy Japanese food and gain more advanced knowledge and skills in practical and healthy Japanese cooking in this INTENSIVE, HANDS-ON and FUN workshop. This workshop combines BOTH the Japanese Cooking Class (Beginner) and Japanese Cooking Class (Intermediate) for a whole-day INTENSIVE workshop.
Follow detailed demonstrations by celebrated chef Yoshiko Takeuchi, who has had over twenty years experience and has frequented some of Sydney's top kitchens, authored two cookbooks and worked on shows like The Biggest Loser.
Did you know?
* Most Japanese restaurants use lots of MSG in their cooking!
* These restaurants also don’t use traditional ingredients meaning the food loses taste AND nutrition!
But don’t worry! This class is MSG free and we will use only traditional, high-quality Japanese ingredients to make our food yummy and healthy.
You will follow traditional methods replicable at home, including essential Japanese seasonings, cooking techniques and a variety of yummy recipes.
Some examples from the beginner class:
• An understanding of basic Japanese seasonings
• How to balance each meal
• How to cook authentic rice
• How to make vegetarian dashi stock
• Miso soup (using homemade dashi/powdered dashi)
• How to cook teriyaki
• Making goma-ae (traditional Japanese salad) in two ways
• Cooking perfect crispy tempura served with dipping sauce
• Basic knife skills
Some examples from the intermediate class:
• Cook healthier & easier eggplant dengaku
* Learn how to cook this without deep-frying
* Try two types of dengaku miso sauce
• Prepare agedashi tofu from scratch, using nori & daikon
• Daikon, edamame & umeboshi salad
• Learn how to use daikon to maximise its health benefits
• How to prepare Inari sushi from scratch
* Prepare 2 flavours of quinoa sushi
* Prepare reduced sugar inari skin from scratch
*All classes served with alkaline water & Matcha green tea
N.B. Also, all of Yoshiko's classes (except the "Japanese Cooking Class (Advanced)") are suitable for vegans.
IT’S ONLY $298! For only $298, you get a 5.5 hour hands-on workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of Japanese home-cooking including essential Japanese seasonings, cooking techniques a variety of yummy Japanese recipes! It will be yummy AND healthy because we will use only top quality Japanese ingredients that are produced by following traditional methods, which makes it tastier and healthier!
- Taught by Chef Yoshiko Takeuchi, 20 years of experience in teaching, author of "Cooking with Soy", " Cooking with Japanese superfoods" and renowned for cooking in some of Sydney’s top kitchens and work on The Biggest Loser
- Learn through detailed demonstration from the teacher PLUS hands-on practice
- No washing required, unlike most cooking classes - all you do is learn, cook, eat and have fun!
- Enjoy freshly made healthy Japanese foods that are easy to replicate at home!
- Learn and try Japanese superfoods - the secrets of Japanese health, longevity and immune-boosting that you don’t know much about!
- It is plant-based (Cholesterol free)
- Once you learn the basics of Japanese cooking, it’s easy to add other ingredients you love!
- Take home recipes to impress your friends and family at home!
TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE HAVE SAID ABOUT THE CLASS, CLICK HERE! (https://www.facebook.com/CookingwithYoshiko/reviews/?ref=page_internal)
For Full Terms & Conditions, please visit my website- https://cookingwithyoshiko.com/terms-of-use/