Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Ka-BAO! Bao-making with Suki Kwon
Learn how to make bao buns at home from the master herself - chef and local caterer Suki Kwon.
About this Event
She's perfected the pillow-ey soft triple rise bao dough. Her fillings are on point and totally more-ish. Her sauces and pickles are a perfect example of how good food starts and ends with quality produce and ingredients. All that's left is for you to come and learn from the master herself - that's chef and local caterer Suki Kwon (from Sukimama Catering).
Join our Bao-making class on Saturday 16th January, learn how to make these street food delicacies at home, and dine on this flavourful menu:
- Hand-made bao buns
- Slow braised 5 spice pork belly
- Crispy tempura soft shell crab
- Suki's special 'secret recipe' sauce
- Fresh mixed pickles
- Candied nuts
- I can't believe you're still reading this and haven't booked in!
To Do List:
- Wear closed toe shoes (we love your toes where they are),
- Pull long hair back off your face (“waiter, there’s a hair in my soup”),
- Inform us of any dietary requirements prior to purchasing your ticket/s. Please also be aware that some requirements and/or allergies cannot be catered to - depending on the class.
- There are often leftovers at the end of each class so we ask that you bring Tupperware from home to put them in, as we will no longer be handing out plastic containers in our bid to save the environment.
No refunds/transfers/credits on cancellations, regardless of illness or a change in personal circumstance. For a complete look at the Terms & Conditions of The Cooking School at The Essential Ingredient Newcastle, visit our website.
Before you attend a cooking class at the Essential Ingredient Newcastle it is important that each and every attendee become familiar with the precautionary measures we have adopted in light of COVID-19. Please click on the following link to read our COVID-19 Hygiene and Safety Standards or call our store for more information.