The University of Sydney Archives | Book a session
The University of Sydney Archives | Booking a session
About this Event
The Gerald Fischer Search Room is open Monday and Tuesday (except public holidays) to University of Sydney staff and students over two daily sessions:
- 10am -12pm
- 1pm - 3pm
A reduced number of researchers are allowed at any one time to maintain safe physical distancing.
Please read our FAQs for more information and to help plan your visit.
Please note that your appointment be may be cancelled at short notice if unforeseen circumstances arise, such as staff illness.
Conditions of entry
We will comply with the NSW Health guidelines and as a condition of entry, researchers will have to read and agree to the following conditions:
Please stay home:
- if you are unwell
- have had cold/flu symptoms such as fever, sore throat, fatigue , cough or shortness of breath in the last 14 days
- have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- live with anyone awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
Please also note these other requirements:
- Researchers must wear a mask when visiting the Archives
- Researchers who exhibit symptoms of illness will be refused entry or asked to leave
- Researchers must comply with health and hygiene measures
- Maintain physical distancing and follow any instructions provided
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on entry to the Archives. Hand hygiene facilities will be available in the Archives search room, on every floor of the Fisher Library and the rest rooms
- All visitors will be allocated seating and must remain in these seats. Readers are requested to limit their movement around the search room
- No food or drink may be consumed within the search room.